Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Make it possible... a world without factory farming

http://youtu.be/fM6V6lq_p0o
Anyone who knows us, would be aware that animal welfare and an understanding of where your food comes from and how it is produced is something we strongly believe in. And have openly supported such campaigns in the past (see Food for thought page) and we try to practice what we preach in terms of animal welfare. And what we do usually brings up the conversations of what I call 'meateaters responsiblity'. 
Now, I have never believed in ramming our belief down others throats, but I would as you to consider where the produce you buy has come from? And how did it get there?

Now I know its not always possible, and budgets have alot to do with purchase choices. I mean I'm guilty of it myself on occasion; something I am not proud of.  But in not buying factory farmed meat some/ most of the time, reduces demand and increases demand for better conditions. Then I don't see that as a bad thing. 

Now I know there are those who view meat consumption as the problem, full stop. And many beieve free range to be too expensive. But what I am asking is that you (please) take the time to watch the video and consider the changes and difference you CAN amke.   
Then if your interested in making a pledge, and making a difference visit www.makeitpossible.com

http://youtu.be/fM6V6lq_p0o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, comments or general conversation welcome