Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ok so we're 1/3 into 2012






So we're over a third the way through the year and yet again I have failed to keep this blog upto date. And what a busy year it has been so far.


The wet season has come (and should I dare breath it) gone. The tanks are full but my veggie patch and the piggies grazing are long lost.
I attempted my first concrete pour (not on my own, but with Matt), but successful laid the foundations for the pigs new bed/shed. High and dry shelter for them to escape the rain... though they have thoroughly enjoyed the mud!


We have also purchased a lovely little Saddleback- Berkshire cross to rear, as ours are only just at breaeding age (with no current signs of action), so pork supplies of our own seem along way off. She has settled in well, and am trying to maintain a distance and unemotional connection to her (though she's making it difficult).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback, comments or general conversation welcome